Puff pastry canapés that will keep you coming back for more
Canapés make every day a party day. They look truly appetising and add a sophisticated touch to any occasion. Add Looye JOYN tomatoes to your recipe for an extra flavour boost. Thanks to their firm structure, they are surprisingly easy to cut into thin slices.
INGREDIENTS (makes 6 pieces)
- 6 sheets vegan puff pastry
- 3 Looye JOYN tomatoes
- 6 tbsp. green pesto
- 3 garlic cloves
- 6 black olives
- A few sprigs of rosemary
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 egg (optional)
- Splash of olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
HOW TO PREPARE
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C and thaw the puff pastry.
- Cut the tomatoes into thin slices and arrange them over an ovenproof dish. Garnish with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until they turn a nice golden brown.
- Make sure that the puff pastry is thawed before spreading each slice with some green pesto, leaving 1 cm along the sides free of pesto. Then add the tomatoes and minced olives, garlic and rosemary.
- Beat the egg slightly and brush the edges of the pastry with it.
- Bake the puff pastry canapés for 20 minutes until golden brown and done. Finish by garnishing with the fresh basil leaves.