Whisk your taste buds to India with this vegan curry
Yearning for the flavours of India after your trip through Asia? Then surprise yourself and your friends with this wonderful Indian curry. With JOYN tomatoes your dish will take on a flavour that can easily hold its own against a curry from the streets of Mumbai.
INGREDIENTS (serves 4 persons)
- 300 g. rice
- 2 onions, diced
- 500 g. tomatoes
- 250 g. canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach
- 1 ripe mango, cut into strips
- 2-3 tsp garam masala
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- A few sprigs of fresh coriander
- Coconut oil for sautéing
HOW TO PREPARE
- Preheat the oven to 180° C. Put the tomatoes in an ovenproof dish, sprinkle them with salt, and pour some melted coconut oil over them. Bake the tomatoes in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the skins from the tomatoes, cut them into chunks and set aside. Then cook the rice according to the directions on the package.
- Put some olive oil in a frying pan and sweat the diced onion for a few minutes. Then add the garam masala and continue sautéing. Then add the tomato chunks.
- Drain the canned chickpeas and rinse them until they no longer foam. Now add the chickpeas to the tomato sauce.
- Cut the mango into strips and wash the spinach.
- Taste the sauce and add more salt, pepper and/or garam masala if needed.
- Add the mango and spinach just before serving the curry.
- Accompany this Indian vegan curry with rice and fresh coriander.