Finger-lickingly delicious bite-size pizzas
Small is the new big. Surprise your guests with these “pizzette” – delicious mini pizzas you can serve as finger food. Vary the toppings by adding extra touches such as fresh basil or pine nuts.
INGREDIENTS (serves 4 persons)
- 500 g. JOYN tomatoes cut into large chunks
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 pita breads
- Small bag of rocket
- 2 balls buffalo mozzarella
- 4 JOYN tomatoes, sliced
- 8 Honeytomatoes sliced
HOW TO PREPARE
- Preheat the oven to 210° C.
- To start preparing the tomato sauce, sweat the onion and garlic in a splash of olive oil. Add the tomatoes and oregano to the pan along with a splash of water and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree the tomato sauce with a hand blender and set aside to cool.
- Slice the pita breads through the middle and spread them with a tablespoon of the tomato sauce, both kinds of tomato slices and slices of the buffalo's milk mozzarella.
- Heat the pita breads in the oven for 15 minutes until the mozzarella has melted.
- Dress the rocket with some olive oil, salt and pepper. Garnish the 'pizzettes' with a slice of prosciutto and rocket.